The Call of the Wild



3 Reasons to See It: 1) It's a sweet story. 2) Harrison Ford is really good in it as is Omar Sy and Cara Gee. 3) The dog is cute. That one should stand on its own.

3 Reasons to Not See It: 1) It's a pretty simple story, full of coincidence and not not much meat in it. 2) The CGI (aside from the dog) is at times painful to watch. 3) It's not a great movie.

Popcorn: 8/10. This was a cute movie. To be honest, I've never read the book (I know, I know). But it was a sweet story and I think Ford was the right man for the job.

Art: 6.8/10. Good acting, directing. Story's a bit simple and the CGI is pretty bad in some places.

Acting: 6/8. Harrison Ford delivered. ... as usual. Omar Sy and the Cara Gee were really good. Seriously enjoyed their time on screen. The bad guy I didn't care that much for. I mean, Dan Stevens was okay, but story didn't really let him do anything and his motivation seemed artificial.

Music: 4/6. The music was okay. I didn't really stick out for me.

Filming: 4/6. I'm not sure if it was the CGI, the lighting, or both, but the landscape shots look fake.

Art Dept: 3/4. Costuming and set design were done pretty well. CGI was less done on other things than the dog.

Editing/Mixing: 2/4. Standard fare for editing. Nothing really jumped out, but nothing really turn me off. Actually, there was one sound issue for Foley that the timing of the dog's Paws were off just a little bit.

Story: 6/10. Story is pretty simple and basic. There aren't a whole lot of surprises. I would imagine that the book focus more on the relationships and there wasn't much of a MacGuffin. It's been awhile since I've read it. But, it does pull on the heartstrings. And the dog is pretty cute. There is a lot of dependency on coincident, however.

Directing: 6/8. Overall, I liked it. It was a sweet movie with the exception of the CGI. It's like they spent their money on the dog and nothing else got any attention.

Production: 3/4. Overall, I liked it. It was endearing. There was some hard. The rest of it seems pretty basic and the filmography was a little off. But overall enjoyable.

Comments

Popular Posts