Black Panther

Going in: I avoided everything except the trailers and didn't read the reviews until I had my notes written. I love Chadwick Boseman and Michael B. Jordan so I'm excited to see them together. 

Popcorn: 7/10. I really liked this movie. It was just very meaty and full of a lot of themes. So I'll probably see it in theaters just the once. But I'm going to buy it without question.

Art: 9/10. This was a beautiful story beautifully visualized. Truly a great film. 

Acting: 3/3. I loved everyone in this movie. It was very well put together and each actor was really in their element. It was a pure joy watching them.

Music: 1/2. I liked the cultural music but it didn't click nor touch me at an emotional level. It was good but didn't connect with me. I did like the link between the culture and the themes of the music.

Cinematography: 2/2. This was gorgeous shooting. The colors were deep and colorful. There was a contrast between the normal world and Wakanda. It was subtle but good.

Art Department: 1/2. For the most part, this was spot on. Unfortunately, there was somr CGI that took me out of the movie. It took me out of the movie a couple times.

Editor: 1/2. Towards the beginning there was a fight sequence that made me dizzy and nauseous.

Story: 4/4. A very tight story. Everything was tied up. There were some moments of coincidence, but I don't feel they impacted the story much. Thematically, this was very interesting. And heavy. It gave me a lot to think about. I did check my watch once, but realized my perception of the movie's page was far behind the movie.

Directing: 3/3. Awesome film, very tight, and just good all around.

Production: 2/2. This was a story that needed to be told and I can't imagine a better cast.

Comments

Popular Posts