Skyscraper

Going in: Probably like Rampage where it was good enough but not perfect; enjoyable but not a 

Popcorn: 7.5/10. I could see this again - maybe. I have a hard time with heights and this movie exploits it. As such, it's a little difficult for me to watch. But if you like suspense, this works.
Art: 7/10. This is a pretty intense movie and plot driven without much emphasis on character. The characters were still written fairly well but not with much depth.

Acting: 2/3. Nothing took me out of the movie. The kids were really good. The adults didn't pull me out of the movie. There was plenty of emotion to go around.
Music: 1/2. Typical score where it didn't take you out of the movie but it really didn't add anything. It was either non-existent or too subtle. That said, it may have been a good thing but I believe it wasn't intentional.
Filming: 1/2. Filming was mostly CGI which was okay but noticeable.
Art Dept: 2/2. The makeup and costume were well done and the production team put in some nice elements to make the set feel like the setting was authentic. I would say it wasn't an Oscar award, but it was done well.
Editing: 1/2. Standard editing.
Story: 3/4. The story was pretty heavy on plot and suspense with a delightful lack of coincidence. The characters were nice, but they weren't thoroughly explored. The themes were light and standard. I don't think it was bad, but it was plot driven while I prefer more character exploration.
Directing: 2/3. This was a good movie. Not my favorite but not bad either. It was pretty well put together. The CGI was older but other than that there wasn't much that pulled me out.
Production: 2/2. This was still a good story to tell on the big screen. It had some problems but I think it was still a good movie.

Comments

Popular Posts