Justice League

Expectations: I figured it would be not as good as Wonder Woman and probably pretty okay.

Popcorn Score: 8/10. I was pleasantly surprised. There were a lot of funny moments (I have a pretty strange sense of humor but everyone else was laughing too. That struck me immediately. There was a lot of laughter from the audience and it struck me as unusual - even Thor wasn't that out loud). It still wasn't as good as Wonder Woman but it was still pretty good. I might actually buy it and I might actually see it again.

Art Score: 6/10.

Acting: 3/3. The acting was a lot of fun. I'm giving full credit mostly because of Ezra Miller. Holy cow was he fun.

Cinematography: 2/3. This was just alright. Nothing really stuck out in my mind. Nothing popped for me.

Art Department: 1/2. Costumes were as expected. Hair/make-up was the same. CGI didn't pull me out of the movie until the end (and one place in the beginning). The tendrils really looked fake as did the sky on Themyscira. I also wasn't happy with the costumes there. Some were definitely skimpy and served little practical purpose.

Music: 0/2. I was disappointed in the movie. There are two parts to Wonder Woman's theme: the foundation and the melody. The only had the foundation with no melody. No one else really has a theme.

Editing: 1/2. As expected. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Story: 2/4. Chronologically, the story had really poor characterization. The Amazons in particular were just pathetic. They moved a lot, but I would've expected more bad-assery. If felt one-sided which may have been the point. But I didn't see the enemy use any advanced tactics. It's like the Amazons were expected by fate to lose and so they lost. I loved the Flash character. Plot devices were not logical and at the end, big deux ex machina. That said, there were also some really cool moments and the dialog had some pretty snappy lines.

Directing: 1/2. There was turnover so in light of that, I don't mind letting the score stay average. It was difficult for both directors and with such a personal tragedy.

Producing: 1/2. The movie should be made; I'm just not sure I was super-excited about how it was made.

Comments

Popular Posts