Deadpool 2

Going in: I really wasn't expecting much, except that it would be fun and irreverant.

Popcorn: 7/10. If there weren't so many movies coming out on my schedule, I'd see it more. I won't buy it until it's on sale.

Art: 8/10. This wouldn't normally be considered high art, but its story consistency, directing, and some of the cinematography make it a good study of the craft.

Acting: 2/3. This was expected since the bar was set in Deadpool.

Music: 2/2. The music clips were just right and with the 4th wall breaks, made it really enjoyable even though I can't remember any of it.
Filming: 2/2. I loved the Venessa sequences. I loved the lighting and the way it was shot. It was just beautiful. Some of the early shots were beautiful as well.
Art Dept: 1/2. The CGI was good as before. There was more, but it was still done well.
Editing: 1/2. Standard editing.
Story: 3/4. I really wanted to give this a 3.5. It hit a lot of good places: good characters, universal themes, interwoven subplots, and a plot free from coincidence.
Directing: 3/3. This was put together well from a filmmaking perspective. It's good storytelling that wins the day.
Production: 1/2. This was a good movie and well put together. I'm not sure it really needed to be on the big screen though.

Comments

Popular Posts