Rampage

Going in: I'm not expecting a superb show. It's an action film with the Rock. We'll see how it goes but I'm expecting it to be strong on cinematography and maybe music. But not much more than that.

Popcorn: 6/10. It was fun for a bit, mildly entertaining, but failed to grab me. Truth be told, I wasn't expecting much. It doesn't justify another trip to the theater, but it was enjoyable enough. I'll probably rent it once (mostly for my wife because she likes the Rock).

Art: 6/10. About what you'd expect.

Acting: 2/3. Nothing stellar here but nothing horrible either (aside from the military characters, but more on that later). A special shout-out to the mom at the end. She's crying her eyeballs out and I realized, she's missing her kid. Just about threw me into tears.

Music: 1/2. The music wasn't horrible but wasn't noteworthy either.

Filming: 1/2. Aside from a couple of shots at the beginning, there was nothing particularly spectacular. This is an ongoing problem where the DP work is delegated to the CGI team.

Art Dept: 1/2. The CGI was a little off at the end, but nothing noteworthy.

Editing: 1/2. Nothing that jumped out at me but nothing that pulled me out either.

Story: 2.4. Okay, there were some generic themes about nature and mankind's greed. But the villain was uncharacteristically compassionate at the end. And the military - oh man, the military characters - I was mad. They acted like a bunch of blockheads. I know the military has its fair share, but this was just shameful. Plot was generic. It would have been incredible if the Rock's character had to put George down (although that would have killed me because honestly, George was the best character).

Directing: 2/3. The realization of everything seemed okay. It wasn't great, wasn't too horrible.

Production: 1/2. I think it could've been better. Everyone was okay, though, except for maybe the agent. He was a little out of place. But it was a good team and produced an okay movie.

Comments

Popular Posts